The Fit for Future program
symmedia consists of symmedians – that’s why it’s important to us that our team is in shape and healthy. With our Fit for Future program, we create the perfect conditions to get body and mind in top shape: our symmedians can use a total of three hours of their week’s working time for sport, nutrition and personal skills.
The two program areas “Health” & “Sharpen The Saw” are all about physical and mental health. Here’s what we do and what you can do:
- Job-Bike: The future belongs to bikes? Just what we think! That’s why we offer you a “job bike”: You choose your dream bike and we’ll lease it for you at a great saving compared to the usual retail price. Moreover, you can park your bike comfortably at the parking spaces of our “Drahteselwiese”. (By the way, this is why we got awarded as a bike-friendly employer)
- Running groups: It doesn’t matter whether you’re a beginner or an advanced runner – join one of our internal running groups you can and go for a run during your lunch with fellow symmedians.
- Ergonomic workplace: Well-being is in the details: – in order to prevent back pain and postural defects, we offer height-adjustable desks.
- Conscious nutrition: In addition to free drinks such as water, tea and coffee, our employees can also benefit from discounts at dean&david, which we consider a good alternative to the fast-food desktop lunches.
- Sports room: Our sports room is open any time for a game of table tennis or a round of table football with fellow symmedians.
- Sabbaticals & training: If you need a longer break, take a sabbatical. And if you want to develop any personal and professional skills be aware that we have annual budgets reserved for you – let us know if you are interested in training and further education.
Fit for Future is a comprehensive wellness program for body and soul! And it works: the sickness rates at symmedia are far below the national average!